Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Looking on the bright side (for a change)...

I admit that I'm not the most positive person in the world. I'm a definite Complainer Face, as my friends like to say. Yes; I complain. I bitch and moan and whine like a little baby at times. I tend to like getting my way. When the TV is on, I get the remote. When I'm hungover, the world stops. (For real...no talking, no touching, no music, no lighting.) When I'm upset, people will know about. (Props to Eric for calling me out this weekend. No Eric, I'm not the only person who's ever gone through a breakup. That really made me think about the grand scheme of things.) These character flaws are no longer acceptable. I've decided that I'm going to try to be more positive, starting with this list of stuff I'm feeling happy about.

1) I was pleasantly surprised that I got all of my shit done at work today...without even having to stay late! Maybe I'm doing better than I give myself credit for. The e-marketing campaign I've been working on for weeks launches tomorrow!

2) Hanley is open again over 40 and it's been making my life SO much easier.

3) Through a combination of eating a tiny bit healthier and not being able to eat at all (I've been trying, really I have), I've lost 10 pounds over the past 3 weeks. While I deserve no credit for this and realize it's highly unhealthy, I must admit it's also been highly effective. My stomach is noticeably flatter.

4) My pile of laundry is also getting noticeably flatter. Not small by any means, but not necessarily a mountain range anymore.

5) This week I'm fortunate enough to have tickets to multiple Cardinal baseball games. (And a possible rendezvous with the Padre's bullpen on Washington Avenue afterwards, courtesy of Mr. Dan Clements.)

6) Dan Clements is coming! And so is the Koko Monkey and my madre.

7) Summer is concert season, and this summer has been full of awesome ones. Still in the line-up: Blink 182/Weezer and Farm Aid.

8) My intern leaves on Friday! This means no more wasted time answering ridiculous, inane questions about the copy machine (which he's managed to break multiple times), no more messy desk next to me, no more having to shout his name over the Dane Cook playing on his iPod that obviously takes precedence over him actually working.

9) I've picked up The Fountainhead again for the first time in a long time. I'm so determined to finish it, and very very curious about how things will end up. Sexxxxy-ass Howard Roark.

10) I just saw the footage of Claire McCaskill getting booed and laughed out loud. Don't freak out, Claire. People just don't like you.

No comments:

About Me

I'm just figuring things out.